Monday, July 1, 2013

Am I Enough?



Am I Enough?
Accepting Yourself

Out of college, I started my “adult” life with a position with Kraft Foods.  I loved the thrill of sales and the camaraderie of a team.  I strived everyday to blast through my sales goals because I believed the next role would make me a little bit happier.

I spent the next nine years playing this game with myself.  Each time, I was disappointed when the new job didn’t feel that gap in my heart.  “What is wrong with me?” I thought countless times.  “Why can’t I just be happy with what I have?”  “Why can’t I accept me?”

Is life a struggle for you?  For many of us, we ask these questions all the time, but we continue to fight for the same life we have.  What if we surrendered, and let it unfold before us?  Like someone who has been suffering from back pain for a long time, he forgets what relief feels like.

List 5 things you are grateful to have in your life.  (Do it now!  I’m waiting……)  Write beside each item how it makes you feel.  (family = love, joy)  Sit quietly for a few moments feeling each emotion. Breathe in peace, and feel a calm rush over your body.  Breathe in happiness, and allow your entire body to lift with the corners of your mouth.  Use this list to help tune your body to feeling these emotions again, and then dive deeper into your soul.

Once you find the fullness of peace, love and joy within yourself, you won’t rely on other people, things, etc. to make you happy.  One taste of this freedom, and you will never want to go back.  The hardest step toward total acceptance is the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment